Are you searching for more information about glycolic acid peels in here in Tulsa? Is your imperfect skin making you look around for specialized treatment for the degenerating areas around the chest, neck and face? If the answers are in the affirmative, then you can surely look forward to the expected results of a glycolic peel to fade your marks and scars, improve the texture of your skin, and fight the severe signs of aging.
Read on for a closer look at how chemical peels by experts in Tulsa are equipped to help your cause—the right way.
Glycolic Acid Peel
Due to their short duration treatment, these peels are oft referred to as ‘lunchtime peels.’ Glycolic acid peels always succeed in bringing about dramatic improvements to the look and feel of one’s skin and leads to astonishing and long lasting results –all in an affordable and convenient way. But then, in order to avoid any discomforts to the skin and get the best possible results, it becomes essential to know what to expect and do before/ after undergoing the treatment.
Before a Glycolic Acid Peel
The area that needs to be treated has to be thoroughly cleaned. Moreover, prior consultations with the expert performing the treatment is a must to understand all that goes into the same, the time/ monetary investments required, and so forth.
After the Treatment
Dermatologists recommend certain essential steps as post-glycolic peel precautions and care; these include:
- Complete avoidance of exposure to direct sunlight for at least 48 hours.
- No usage of any chemical based cosmetics or makeup after the treatment session, at least for a couple of days.
- Avoidance of activities such as running, jogging and aerobics that can cause excessive sweating.
- Restrictions on the usage of products that contain AHA, BHA and/ or Retinol after the peel. Topical products like benzoyl peroxide for acne relief are to be avoided at all costs for 24 hours.
- A good natural moisturizer can be used for avoiding dryness or excessive flakiness if required.
Go for the peel—you will not be disappointed!